#1 2008-11-10 14:03:16

damicoaustin
Website

East Riverside Corridor Project News

fyi.

----- Forwarded Message ----

Every great street starts with a great vision.

Come see East Riverside 's.

An exciting process is underway to create a detailed vision for the East Riverside Corridor between I-35 and Hwy. 71/Ben White Blvd. The East Riverside Corridor Master Planning Project has collected community input and has put together a preliminary concept plan that will guide development in the area for decades to come. Now the City of Austin and consultants A. Nelessen Associates will hold a public meeting to discuss the initial public input, unveil the preliminary concept plan, and get feedback from participants on the direction of the plan. The meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 18, 2008, from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at Baty Elementary School , 2101 Faro Drive .

This is an opportunity to see what the future may hold for the East Riverside area and to have a say in it, so we'd love to have your input. Please join us and encourage your friends, family and neighbors to attend the meeting as well!

The City of Austin is dedicated to involving all community members in the East Riverside Corridor planning process. All portions of the meeting will be provided in both Spanish and English. For more information, visit the East Riverside Corridor Plan website at www.eastriversidecorridor.com.  If you have any questions, please contact Erica Leak with the City of Austin at 512.974.2856, or e-mail erica.leak@ci.austin.tx.us.

Erica Leak

Senior Planner

City of Austin

Neighborhood Planning & Zoning Dept.

T:  512.974.2856

#2 2009-01-12 10:50:10

JW

Re: East Riverside Corridor Project News

In my travels, I notice that E. Riverside between S. Congress and I-35 is being all torn up. What's the chance that when it is put back together it will have bike lanes or right hand lanes wide enough to accomodate cyclists?  As it stands now it is one of the most bicycle unfriendly streets in the central city.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 528.63 KiB (Peak: 532.59 KiB) ]