#1 2023-10-31 09:39:19

Darron
MacintoshFirefox 119.0

Red Line Trail Study virtual open house through Nov 17, 2023

CapMetro is hosting a virtual open house about the Red Line Trail Study. The virtual open house will be live to the public through November 17, 2023. This trail can connect Cedar Park with Austin and Leander with a high quality bikeway separated from traffic.  There is a link to a survey in the open house where you can mark areas you would access with this trail, for example in Cedar Park these could be:

• Brushy Creek Sports Park the Brushy Creek Trail

• Bell District

• Cedar Park Rec Center

• Lakeline and Leander Stations

The Red Line Trail Study aims to identify a feasible and safe alignment for the Red Line Trail based on identified constraints and opportunities. The Red Line Trail is a vision for a trail network that generally follows the 32-mile Red Line commuter rail corridor from Downtown Austin to Cedar Park to Leander. The Red Line Trail Study will also identify connections to transit stations along with recommendations for near-, mid-, and long-term implementation.

Check out the open house here:
https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/5f … 4720fd982c

#2 2023-11-05 23:13:54

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website
MacintoshSafari 16.6

Re: Red Line Trail Study virtual open house through Nov 17, 2023

Thanks for posting this, Darron.

The project looks really exciting!

The website is really great, clearly identifying the challenges and obstacles that will need to be overcome to make this a reality.  I've ragged on CapMetro for general and specific incompetence, so it's good to see that someone there knows what they're doing.  (Or maybe all this was handed to them and they're just running with it.  Didn't Tom Wald start this project?)

And why would they take the website down after 11/17?

I filled out the survey.

#3 2023-11-06 19:20:33

Darron
MacintoshFirefox 119.0

Re: Red Line Trail Study virtual open house through Nov 17, 2023

Thanks Michael,

It is exciting.  Tom is definitely the driving force behind keeping CapMetro on top of this project.  But there is also a lot of good general advocacy coordination pushing to make this a reality.  I know I'm personally bugging city staff and leaders in Cedar Park and CTRMA board members about this project.  The section through Cedar Park would really help complement our Trails Master Plan and improve connections up here in Wilco.

Darron

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 533.46 KiB (Peak: 534.09 KiB) ]