#1 2023-05-01 03:11:33

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website
MacintoshSafari 16.4

Bicyclist attacked with stick on S. Lamar, 4/29/23

From Nextdoor:

Allie L. wrote:

Hey y’all, I was assaulted tonight (Saturday, 04/29) on my bike ride home around 8:45pm. I was heading south on Kinney near S. Lamar. A car passed close to me, and the passengers struck me with large sticks/wooden poles out the window(s). Not playful taps, but serious whacks. They had passed me once on Kinney, and I could see what looked like a large plunger stick hanging out of the window. They then turned in front of me, right onto Valeria, and then pulled into a driveway on the left side. In retrospect that was just to turn around because then they passed me on Kinney where the median and the street parking make it a tight squeeze, right before I got to the Cindie’s parking lot, and hit me. I don’t want to involve the police, but I do want other cyclists to be aware. Be careful out there. I didn’t get a read on the plates. It was a small car, and it seemed like there were multiple passengers.

#2 2023-05-01 16:05:13

Jack
Windows 10Chrome 112.0

Re: Bicyclist attacked with stick on S. Lamar, 4/29/23

Jeezus!  I would encourage involving the police despite not having much to lead them, in case there were/will be other assaults by the same people --to help build the case.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.017 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 529.63 KiB (Peak: 530.26 KiB) ]