#1 2022-09-09 20:52:08

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

The Yellow Bike Project thread

Starting a thread about YBP, so every new post about them can be in one place, rather than separate threads.  Though there probably won't be that much.  I could never get YBP itself to post about its activities to the forum, even years ago when this forum was popular and lively.  One member posted a few things in 2014, but that's about it.

Anyway, it just occurred to me that last year was YBP's 25-year anniversary.  Apparently they didn't have any kind of party or acknowledgement.  Maybe the current members were unaware of the anniversary.  Their website mentions pretty much no history of the group.  I was friendly with the founders and had them on my radio show when the group started in 1996, but they all moved on from YBP years to decades ago.

#2 2022-09-11 21:52:04

dougmc
Administrator

Re: The Yellow Bike Project thread

They actually did have a party -- but it was advertised on social media, for example facebook and instagram.

Alas, it looks like nobody thought to post about it here.

#3 2022-09-12 23:28:37

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: The Yellow Bike Project thread

Well, they've barely posted here for 26 years, so I didn't expect that, but I thought they didn't even have something about the anniversary on their website.  However, checking the Wayback Machine, I see that indeed they did.  (In fact, one year after the anniversary party, the notice about the party was still on their home page.)  On the other hand, their About page doesn't mention anything about when they started or anything like that.

Years ago when I used to publish the e-newsletter, I ran into a YBP'er at Wheatsville who demanded to know, "Why didn't you publicize the benefit we had recently?!"  My answer was, "Because your telling me about it now is the first I've heard of it."

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 533.06 KiB (Peak: 533.69 KiB) ]