#1 2021-05-13 13:04:21

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

City hiring bicycle ambassadors: "Walk Bike Roll"

Copied & pasted from Nextdoor.com.

Connect Austin hiring part-time Walk Bike Roll Ambassodors.

Help Connect Austin as a Community Ambassador for ATX Walk Bike Roll!

We're excited to announce an opportunity for you to help amplify your community's voice. The City of Austin is looking for a diverse group of Community Ambassadors to get feedback on updates to our urban trails, sidewalks, and bicycle plans. Community Ambassadors can earn $20/hour for around 15 hours of work per month from June-November 2021.

What is ATX Walk Bike Roll?

This project is the City of Austin’s initiative to update our sidewalk, urban trails, and bicycle plans. These plans influence where and how people walk, bike and roll through Austin. The plans also guide how we build urban trails, sidewalks, crosswalks, and bike lanes and find where they are most needed.

Past planning efforts have invested in some parts of Austin more than others. They also contributed to transportation access, health, and safety challenges faced by communities of color. That’s why ATX Walk Bike Roll needs to reflect everyone’s input. We especially want to hear from people of color, lower-income people, older and younger residents, people with disabilities, people born in other countries, and people from other underrepresented groups.

What will ATX Walk Bike Roll Community Ambassadors do?

You will receive outreach training and education to get people from your community involved in the plan process. As a plan Ambassador, you will:
• Discuss biking, walking, urban trails, safe intersections, and the City’s process for developing ATX Walk Bike Roll
• Listen, ask questions, and collect community feedback
• Plan and host educational workshops, which may be online or in person depending on COVID-19 conditions
• Conduct community interviews
• Share community input with the project team, who will use the information to develop the plans
• Help community members understand how they can share input with the City beyond this plan

Visit the ATX Walk Bike Roll https://www.austintexas.gov/department/ … -bike-roll to learn more.

Submit your application through May 28, 2021 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/atxwbr

#2 2021-05-17 16:06:21

RedFalcon

Re: City hiring bicycle ambassadors: "Walk Bike Roll"

Good idea, but not for me personally. There was a time I would definitely have applied.  What I'm afraid of is dying and getting to the Pearly Gates, and Saint Peter says to me "We looked at your permanent record, I'm afraid you are going to have to go to hell." And for me, that would involve going door to door to "Listen, ask questions, and collect community feedback about bike lanes."

Last edited by RedFalcon (2021-05-17 16:06:51)

#3 2021-05-17 16:22:30

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: City hiring bicycle ambassadors: "Walk Bike Roll"

LOL

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 532.99 KiB (Peak: 543.73 KiB) ]