#1 2021-02-07 05:34:00

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Driver hit-and-runs cyclist in bike lane in Barton Hills, 2/5/21

Video captured footage of a driver hit-and-running a kid riding his bike in the bicycle lane:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local … 87929af259

I didn't watch the video.

Here's hoping the driver is caught.

The drivers who get their panties in a wad about bicyclists rolling stop signs are curiously silent about incidents like this one.

#2 2021-02-10 11:57:15

Donald Lewis

Re: Driver hit-and-runs cyclist in bike lane in Barton Hills, 2/5/21

MichaelBluejay wrote:

Video captured footage of a driver hit-and-running a kid riding his bike in the bicycle lane:

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local … 87929af259

I didn't watch the video.

I would have a hard time watching that also.  Bad enough to know that it happened.

MichaelBluejay wrote:

Here's hoping the driver is caught.

The drivers who get their panties in a wad about bicyclists rolling stop signs are curiously silent about incidents like this one.

#3 2021-02-10 12:35:21

Jack

Re: Driver hit-and-runs cyclist in bike lane in Barton Hills, 2/5/21

I did watch the video.  The kid got up and ran toward home immediately--He could've been very badly hurt or killed, but was not badly hurt at all, thankfully.

The news report said the kid said he thought the driver hit him on purpose.

For those not wanting to watch, but who want to know what happened:  a driver stopped in middle of the street instead of safely pulling over to the curb to stop.  [Probably didn't want to pull into the bike lane to stop properlly--the bike lane has those concrete bumps to divide it from motor traffic.]  A driver behind the first stopped behind and then, suddenly, while the kid on the bike was passing on the right in the bike lane, accelerated suddenly, pulled to the right, over the "protecting" concrete bumps, and moved foward and went around the first driver's car--and struck the kid from behind before pulling back left over the concrete bumps and moving foward out of sight.

--also, on catching the driver, the news report indicates that the first driver was a ride-share driver, so there may be video of the second driver's car.

Last edited by Jack (2021-02-10 12:38:36)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 11 queries executed - Memory usage: 532.68 KiB (Peak: 533.3 KiB) ]