#1 2017-10-18 17:23:23

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Mike Dahmus slams AURA

Noted local transit pundit Mike Dahmus, who has a long track record of spot-on analysis, has this to say about the transit advocacy group AURA:

Mike Dahmus wrote:

They started out as a 'cut the BS' transit advocacy group and have pivoted towards credulous support of Capital Metro initiatives that cut local bus service on our most productive transit corridors and support future plans that eliminate the rest (supporting suburbanism over urbanism; not coincidentally due to the fact that the AURA president lives at the end of one of these ‘rapid’ bus lines).

http://m1ek.dahmus.org/aura-hagiography … t-comment/

#2 2020-09-01 08:50:19

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Mike Dahmus slams AURA

I mentioned the above in my listing of AURA on the Organizations page.  A few months ago, AURA's Transportation chair wrote to me to complain about that, saying, "It just seems odd to me that a website about bikes would quote a critic about our position on buses."

It's odd only if you don't understand that transportation bicyclists are sympathetic to other forms of non-car travel.  If the head of a transportation committee doesn't get that, that's sad.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 529.45 KiB (Peak: 530.07 KiB) ]