#1 2017-04-30 08:43:15

Pineappleroof69

Trek Domane SLR 9 - eTap

2017 model.  Contact for details

Last edited by Pineappleroof69 (2017-04-30 08:43:41)

#2 2017-04-30 10:34:56

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Trek Domane SLR 9 - eTap

Any bets on whether this brand-new member will ever make a second post?

#3 2017-04-30 19:02:36

RedFalcon

My guess is never, but WOW!   I just did a search for this bike and the Trek site lists it at $11,000!!!!!!

Wow! 

$11,000!!!

I have checked twice now to make sure I saw that right.

Wow!

#4 2017-04-30 20:15:50

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Hmm, I didn't notice that a price wasn't listed in the ad -- which rude even in normal cases, but for an $11,000 bike, it's also ridiculous (especially when the ad doesn't bother to give any kind of description about what kind of bike it is).  "Contact for details"?  Seriously?

Pineappleroof69, please list a price ASAP or I'll be deleting your ad.  Not that you'd have any luck selling an $11k bike on a forum aimed at bike commuters anyway.

#5 2017-05-02 13:06:35

Pineappleroof69

Here's your brand new member making his second post.  Want to make a bet on how long before he makes his third post?

If you're interested in the bike, let me know.  As far as the list price, a word of wisdom:  Never pay sticker price for anything.  That's a fools way.

Where in the edicts is a price mandatory to post a bike for sale.  Where does the Webmaster also play speech police.  Is that the way Austin bike commuters act.  Not with the commuters that I know.

Stay upright and on two wheels.

Last edited by Pineappleroof69 (2017-05-02 13:09:57)

#6 2017-05-02 19:31:15

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Pineappleroof69 wrote:

Where does the Webmaster also play speech police.

Oh, maybe I'm just annoyed that you're going out of your way to waste my readers' time.  Whatever, I can't imagine you'll sell your bike here -- even if you didn't have a shitty attitude.

#7 2017-05-08 15:42:08

Pineappleroof69

Webmaster, if you are not interested in posting my ad, that is your prerogative. It appears obvious that you like to bully people, and set the rules.  What is it about my ad that offends you? You have had nothing but negative feedback since I posted. In selling an item, why not post it in as many places as you can to open up perspective buyers.  You never know where one will show up. That's business 101.

#8 2017-05-08 20:47:01

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Pineappleroof69 wrote:

What is it about my ad that offends you?

If you haven't understood the first few times, I don't know what the point is in repeating myself yet, but for what it's worth, here you go:

(1) You're using the forum for your own purposes (trying to sell your bike), while giving nothing back to the community (i.e., not participating in the topical discussions).  You never posted before you tried to sell your bike, and your only posts since then have been to bash the webmaster.  If I hadn't pushed your buttons you wouldn't have posted even that.  The forum is littered with drive-by posters who make a single "For Sale" post and then disappear, contributing nothing of value.  Why do you think RedFalcon predicted you wouldn't make a second post?

(2) You're intent on wasting my readers' time by not bothering to post a price.  99.9% of readers aren't going to know that your bike is out of their price range unless they go to the trouble of looking it up or contacting you.  You don't care about their time.

Pineappleroof69 wrote:

In selling an item, why not post it in as many places as you can to open up perspective buyers....

Well, for someone so seemingly hip to marketing practices, it's ironic that you're actively driving away potential customers by not listing the price.  From the article, Want to Turn Off Website Visitors? Don't Include Your Prices, the world's foremost web usability expert, Jakob Nelson, is quoted as saying, "The most user-hostile element of most B2B sites is a complete lack of pricing information. And yet, when we asked users to prioritize which of twenty-eight types of B2B site information mattered most to them, prices scored the highest by far (29% higher than product availability, which ranked second)....Sites have many excuses for not wanting to display prices, but they are just that: excuses. Users expect to get a basic understanding of products and services during their initial research, and they can’t do that without some idea of what it’s going to cost. Even if your company can’t list exact prices, there are several ways to indicate price level, which is really all people need initially."  The article author notes, "If you think that your prospective clients are going to call you to get your prices, think again. Not having prices on your website makes people feel uncomfortable and intimidated, and they’ll find another website where they know what things cost. Either give prospective customers the information they’re looking for, or they’ll go to your competitors site where they can get their questions answered."

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.015 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 549.71 KiB (Peak: 550.34 KiB) ]