#1 2016-12-14 05:06:23

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Preston Tyree triking around Mueller

Many of you know, or know of, Preston Tyree, a long-time Austin cycling advocate.  At age 72 he still hasn't let up.  I ran into him at Mueller the other day, riding tricycles with a friend.  Here's an article about his activities running electric-assist trike pedicabs, and doing group tricycle rides.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-ne … 6063-story

It's appealing to me because I like Preston and I like trikes.  I got my first one over 20 years ago.  What's fantastic is that when you stop, you don't have to hop off the seat or put your foot down -- it's basically a chair with wheels.  And if you're hauling heavy cargo in a trailer, nothing's more stable.

#2 2016-12-14 15:29:24

AusTexMurf

Re: Preston Tyree triking around Mueller

Indeed, agreed. Preston is a remarkable individual and one of our strongest advocates and allies.
Trikes are very cool. I rode a pedicab trike in Austin for more than 10 years. I was also amazed at the number of high end trikes and recumbent trikes I saw when I was working in Ohio where they have real bicycle transportation networks and community infrastructure. Many older folks and retired couples were regularly out and about on their trikes. All ages, all abilities networks benefit us all by making cycling more inviting and more accessible to our more vulnerable community members.
Thank you Preston Tyree and Ghisallo Foundation for making a difference in our local community !

#3 2016-12-14 15:35:54

AusTexMurf

Re: Preston Tyree triking around Mueller

PrestonTrikes

Trike'N Trike Neighborhoods
This venture comes out of the idea of ONEderment Neighborhood Empowerment to bring all people in the neighborhood together as one.
Trike Neighborhoods or TrikeN is a venture to bring a HUB, built around trikes and specialty beverages, to neighborhoods. A process we think of as neighboring.
Our vision is to provide a gathering space for local citizens to Learn | Share | Create and fund it through the assembly, sharing, rental, sale and repair of trikes/bikes as well as provide a space to gather over a specialty beverage and create art and maybe even grow some flowers or vegetables.
We are all in this together.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 532.5 KiB (Peak: 533.13 KiB) ]