#1 2016-10-12 07:19:46

Claudiu06

Feedback Wanted - Jacket for Legs

Hey there guys,
I was reading some of topics on this forum and i think you are the right people to ask- a lot of bike-people enthusiasts 

It's a jacket for legs meant to protect the user against rain. It's easy to use, just like any jacket, but for legs instead of upper body. We made a landing page and a short video to prove the point.

Since people like you guys are some of our future users we would really like some feedback from you for the product we developed.
What is your general opinion on the product? Would you find it useful?
What would you improve?
Would you use such a product? If not, who would you recommend it to?

I know that this is my first post here, but we really appreciate your feedback; it will help us a LOT in succesfuly re-launching our product. (yeah, we kind of failed the first time)
Thanks

More info about the product here: http://www.legsjacket.com

https://youtu.be/60e8Hlnx1ik

Last edited by Claudiu06 (2016-10-12 07:20:07)

#2 2016-10-13 10:51:10

RedFalcon

Re: Feedback Wanted - Jacket for Legs

I would give them a try.  I haven't had all that much luck finding rain pants I like.  I do have a Showers Pass Jacket I really like.  I also have Showers Pass pants that I would only wear as a last resort.  They are bulky and the amount I sweat in them has to be factored against just getting wet with nice clean rain.   

Consider adding suspenders to the pants.   I hate that feeling of pants slipping down my back - especially in the rain and cold (it would have to be very cold for me to not just put up with the rain.)

I ride everyday rain or shine, so if you are looking for a product tester I would be happy to volunteer.

#3 2016-10-27 09:51:27

AusTexMurf

raincape1

Rain capes are very popular in the PNW area of US and in many parts of Europe.

Why Rain Capes Are Awesome

Do You Cape ?
Posted by Ayleen Crotty on Friday, December 4, 2015
There’s a relatively new kid on the rainy season block, the cycling rain cape. And no, these aren’t the dorky rain ponchos you buy in a clear pack for $12 when is starts raining at the baseball game, these are rain barriers specifically designed for riding a bike.
And they work.
Sure, rain capes may look a little funny at first, but these light weight pieces are surprisingly effective and comfortable.
Why Use a Rain Cape
The key difference between cycling rain cape and a traditional rain poncho is that the body of a rain cape extends over your handlebars to create a solid tent to keep you dry.
The vast majority of rain cape users agree that rain pants are a drag. They’re awkward to put on (you probably need to take off your shoes) and even more awkward to remove. They are bulky and unattractive. Depending on what’s worn under them, rain pants can be rather uncomfortable.
With rain capes, it doesn’t matter what you’re wearing underneath, or what your body type is. Fit becomes less of an issue.
With one piece of clothing, you can get coverage for your head, top and bottom.
Rain capes allow for better air flow, so on days when it’s wet but not cold, they’re a great way to go.
Rain capes provide a tent of coverage from above to protect your legs, and fenders do the job from below.
Rain capes are easy to take on and off and they dry off fairly quickly.

rain cape 2t

10 of the Best Cycling Rain Capes

Stay in style when riding in wet weather with our top pick of the best cycling rain capes.
Investing in a good quality cycling rain cape to see you through the dreary wet season is a great idea for city cyclists. You don’t have to worry about changing into or out of anything, you can simply pop them over your existing cycle clothing to ensure that you are kept bone dry.

Cycling rain capes are perfect as they cover the entire top half of your body, ensuring no water gets in, therefore they’re much more effective than wearing just a waterproof jacket. And although some of these aren’t the most affordable garments, trust us when we say that the cheap non bike-specific waterproof capes that you would wear on a log flume ride really won’t do the job!

rain cape 3

Last edited by AusTexMurf (2016-10-27 09:53:50)

#4 2016-10-27 10:09:56

AusTexMurf

Claudiu06

I did sign up for early bird notice on the Jacket For Legs.
I might actually use them on a regular basis for cycling , hiking, and skiing.
Would be very useful during the spring/fall/WINTER seasosn at our 1910 farm home in far NW Maryland on the Great Allegheny Passage.
Thanks for sharing.
Best,
Larry

#5 2016-10-28 10:22:12

Darron

I used a rain cape for cycling in Europe and the easy on/easy off aspect regardless of what I was wearing makes it hard to beat.  Here in TX though I've never once used my rain cape as it rains so infrequently that I rarely get a change to use it and the times it is raining, its coming down so hard it's not worth venturing out.  It will still find some use as I have a buddy moving to Portland soon who will put my rain cape to good use no doubt!

D

#6 2016-11-02 04:53:06

Claudiu06

Hi Everyone!

We just launched and wanted to let you know! :)
Here's our campaign link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ve … ref=9t8xof

#7 2016-12-08 09:16:53

AusTexMurf

The Legs Jacket is the most funded live fashion project on Kickstarter!

Hi, VEAR fans! We want to inform you that our campaign is almost ending and with the support of over 680 backers from countries all over the world, we reached over $100.000. This is great news!

If you haven't reserved your legs jacket, you should do it now, as there are only 9 days left!

Besides, the Legs Jacket is becoming increasing popular and we have been featured in some big outlets, as you can see below.

Kickstarter page, here :

Last edited by AusTexMurf (2016-12-08 09:17:13)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.015 seconds, 13 queries executed - Memory usage: 544.62 KiB (Peak: 545.24 KiB) ]