#1 2015-09-10 08:06:38

owlman

Driver kills 16 y.o. cyclist Brian Silva 6/6/15, no charges filed

Brian Silva was killed Saturday June 6 2015 near 5600 Johnny Morris Rd.  Austin's 43rd traffic fatality this year.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-ne … 4255-story

"My brother was between both lanes, and she was trying to swerve around him, and when she tried to go to the opposite lane, there was another car coming, so she decided to swerve back into her lane, and when she swerved back to her lane, she ended up hitting my brother and my brother was on his bicycle," said Osman Silva, David's bother.

Austin police tell a different version of the crash. They said Brian swerved into the car that was driving on Walnut Creek that night. No matter which version you believe, one thing is for sure. Brian did not survive the crash.

"We don't understand why they decided not to press charges on the lady after all the information we provided them. After all the witnesses that we had, they have so many reasons to press charges on this lady and they decided not to. They just decided just to let her go, to let the case go," said Guerreo.

Earlier this week, a Grand Jury decided no charges should be pressed against the driver.

#2 2015-09-22 20:44:41

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Driver kills 16 y.o. cyclist Brian Silva 6/6/15, no charges filed

Coverage in the Austin Chronicle:

Right after the collision: Remembering traffic fatality #43

After no charges were filed:  Few protections for cyclists

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 528.52 KiB (Peak: 529.15 KiB) ]