#1 2015-04-09 09:26:14

karmakazie

Dept Pub Safety Parking in Bike Lanes on Guadalupe

Anyone ever tried following up with the city on this?  It is a marked bike lake (see photo).  That also has markings for parking.  Every day I see riders having to ride in the traffic lane to avoid the parked cars.  I find this especially ironic given that it is employees of the Department of Public Safety that are parking there rather than in the large lots on the Lamar side of the building. 

(photo also shows a state patrol / APD pulling over a rider who ran the red light - good.  But parking in the bike lane rather than off street in the parking lot to issue citation / run ID - not the best choice)

https://twitter.com/themarkkendall/stat … 1449290752

#2 2015-04-09 09:35:13

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Dept Pub Safety Parking in Bike Lanes on Guadalupe

Yep, I've noticed DPS employees parking in that bike lane for decades.  Funny, all the drivers who get their panties in a wad about scofflaw cyclists breaking the law, never seem to mention that.

I've called in cars parking in no-parking bike lanes before, sometimes the police come, sometimes they don't.  I no longer live in that area, but I'd be thrilled if someone called it in and reported on what if any response they get from APD.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 528.27 KiB (Peak: 528.9 KiB) ]