#1 2014-12-14 12:12:43

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Probably drunk idiot crashes into car, at 8:30am!

On Thursday morning, I saw an SUV driver run a very stale red light at Airport & Manor, then temporarily go off the road into the median, and then slam into a pickup truck stopped at the next light.

And if cyclists want respect they have to follow the law.  Applies only to cyclists.

#2 2014-12-14 19:39:55

RedFalcon

Re: Probably drunk idiot crashes into car, at 8:30am!

Not to mention the physics of it.  A couple of years ago I worked out what the kinetic energy would be for me blowing through a red light at a race-to-the-bike-dismount line down-on-the-aerobars sprint.  I compared it to the kinetic energy involved when a large SUV rolls through a stop light (as so many divers do everyday while talking on their smart phones and being distracted by their fat lazy and over indulged spawn in the back seat). 

Yeah, right.  Cyclists are the problem.

#3 2014-12-15 15:36:36

savanni
Website

Re: Probably drunk idiot crashes into car, at 8:30am!

RedFalcon wrote:

Not to mention the physics of it.  A couple of years ago I worked out what the kinetic energy would be for me blowing through a red light at a race-to-the-bike-dismount line down-on-the-aerobars sprint.  I compared it to the kinetic energy involved when a large SUV rolls through a stop light (as so many divers do everyday while talking on their smart phones and being distracted by their fat lazy and over indulged spawn in the back seat). 

Yeah, right.  Cyclists are the problem.

I've done similar cynical calculations comparing bullets to SUVs.  The results are equally... illuminating.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 528.96 KiB (Peak: 529.59 KiB) ]