#1 2014-09-01 22:29:34

Donald Lewis

Bike lanes on 290 west of the Y? What will they connect to?

There is a lot of construction and widening of 290 from the "Y" out to 1826.  Looks like a bike lane west-bound between the two ACC Pinnacle entrance/exits and on to 1826.  I spotted signs "Right turn yield to bicycles."  All well and good, but these lanes will take you from where to where?  I live off of Circle Drive and if I need to go to town I go in the back service road gate to ACC, through ACC and cross 290 on Convict Hill.  I guess the new bike lanes would let me ride from ACC to 1826, but 1826 is not very bike friendly in any case.

I am puzzled as to what the master plan is.  Ride your bike all the way to the "Y?"

Don in Austin

#2 2014-09-02 17:15:04

NadiaB

Re: Bike lanes on 290 west of the Y? What will they connect to?

Eventually you will be able to connect to YBC Trail ("Y" to Barton Creek Trail):

http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=215632 -

Build out will probably be 5 - 7 years.

Also - the Oak Hill Parkway will have a multi-use path (wide sidewalk) that will get you to William Cannon bike lanes and/or connect to the Violet Crown Trail and eventually up and over Barton Creek when the Mopac and Loop 360 bicycle/pedestrian bridges are complete.

If you like the idea of Urban Trails (i.e. those that support recreation and transportation and accommodate those of all ages and abilities) and support more Urban Trail infrastructure, let your City Council members know.

The Urban Trail Master Plan was postponed at Council last Thurs/Friday and will go back for adoption on Sept. 25th.  Save the Date!

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 528.51 KiB (Peak: 529.13 KiB) ]