#1 2013-10-22 19:59:14

dougmc
Administrator

An assault at 11th and Comal ?

From http://www.reddit.com/r/BikingATX/comme … n_assault/  --

You were engaged in a verbal back and forth with a pewter (gold, perhaps) Suburban (late 1990s) going about five miles per hour headed east bound on 11th street at Comal.

As you passed Comal, I heard you say to the driver "I'm not afraid of you."

It was soon thereafter the car swerved at you with the intention of hitting you. It then stopped suddenly in front of you. You went to pass the car on the left to escape. The driver (a Hispanic woman, early 40s, about 5 feet tall and slightly less than 300 lbs) jumped out of the driver's door and took a swing at you. She barely missed. You continued on, fleeing. It was then that a small boy (8-10 years old, small frame, with dark hair) jumped out of the passenger side of the car (I'm not sure which door) and threw something that appeared to be a brick at you.

I'm not sure where you fled to, but I followed the car to their house.

If you need a witness to this event, please let me know. I was on my bicycle at the time and that could have just as easily been me. I don't care if you were doing the most egregious prototypical "cycling scofflaw" move ever, you did not deserve to be assaulted.

I've been a Reddit lurker for a long time. This prompted me to get an account, I don't know how else to reach out.

That's quite a story.  Anybody have a day that resembles this?

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.012 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 523.32 KiB (Peak: 528.31 KiB) ]