#1 2008-08-29 20:47:28

cjeremi42

Re: BIKE: Cyclist hit on Parmer

My roommate got her hair cut at Fantastic Sam's McNeil/Parmer location tonight.  Her hairstylist claimed that the bicycle crash was fatal. 

:-(

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:59 AM, John Mayson <john@mayson.us> wrote:
> My daughter called me all worried because a cyclist was hit on Parmer
> (McNeil area) and his "skull cracked open".  I did hear fire trucks on
> my ride in, but that's not uncommon.  I work in that general area but
> I don't ride on Parmer in the mornings.
>
> Stay safe out there!
>
> John
>
> --
> John Mayson <john@mayson.us>
> Austin, Texas, USA

#2 2008-08-30 09:19:32

chuckthomas

Re: Re: BIKE: Cyclist hit on Parmer

I don't see anything in the statesman about this.  Usually they cover at least the fatal collisions.

#3 2008-08-30 19:54:34

Jason
Website

I've been looking everywhere for news on this. I try to mention bicycle fatalities and major accidents on my site but there seems to be NOTHING published about this accident. I'm so sorry to hear the cyclist passed away if that is indeed the case.

#4 2008-09-03 15:52:38

cjeremi42

"TheSarge" claims to be the cyclist in question and has posted to another forum: http://www.bikemojo.com/speak/showthread.php?p=814071

Abridged quotes:
"Mild concussion, broken cheek bone, stitches in forehead and lip, and countless aches and pains - but I'll heal, the worst part is my bike is totaled
From the angle I was coming at I didn't see that the southbound traffic was opening to let someone turn left from the northbound side onto Corpus Christi. The first I saw of him it was already too late, I was traveling at about 28mph and did a complete faceplant into the side of a jacked up pickup truck.
The officer on the scene told my wife (she arrived right after I left and picked up the carbon tubes that used to be my bike) that it was clearly the motorists fault. In an effort to head off any insurance bullshit I'll be heading to an attorney tomorrow.
"

I apologize for spreading a rumor.  I have learned my lesson... never trust a hairdresser.  This must be why I cut my own hair.

cjeremi42 wrote:

My roommate got her hair cut at Fantastic Sam's McNeil/Parmer location tonight.  Her hairstylist claimed that the bicycle crash was fatal. 

:-(

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:59 AM, John Mayson wrote:
> My daughter called me all worried because a cyclist was hit on Parmer
> (McNeil area) and his "skull cracked open".  I did hear fire trucks on
> my ride in, but that's not uncommon.  I work in that general area but
> I don't ride on Parmer in the mornings.
>
> Stay safe out there!
>
> John
> Austin, Texas, USA

EDIT: Email address removed.  Please don't post email addresses as per forum rules, because spambots pick them up. -MBJ

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 535.7 KiB (Peak: 536.33 KiB) ]