#1 2013-08-05 14:47:17

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Hit-and-run driver kills pedestrian on trail on Lamar at the river

It's sobering that we're not safe even when we're not in the street.  Joseph Rosales was driving while drowsy when he jumped the curb and killed John Griffith who was on the hike-and-bike trail.  I'm reminded of how a driver killed a couple of peds on the sidewalk near Wheatsville a year or two ago.  When I was in L.A., I saw a driver who didn't want to wait behind other cars literally drive his SUV down the sidewalk to cut ahead.

The AAA says driving while drowsy is a factor in one out of six collisions.  Here are more stats from DrowsyDriving.org.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/aust … ar-old-man

#2 2013-08-06 08:02:22

badgnome

Re: Hit-and-run driver kills pedestrian on trail on Lamar at the river

MichaelBluejay wrote:

It's sobering that we're not safe even when we're not in the street.  Joseph Rosales was driving while drowsy when he jumped the curb and killed John Griffith who was on the hike-and-bike trail.  I'm reminded of how a driver killed a couple of peds on the sidewalk near Wheatsville a year or two ago.  When I was in L.A., I saw a driver who didn't want to wait behind other cars literally drive his SUV down the sidewalk to cut ahead.

The AAA says driving while drowsy is a factor in one out of six collisions.  Here are more stats from DrowsyDriving.org.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/aust … ar-old-man

Convicted on two counts with 5 years each, but they are concurrent which if I read it right is just like dropping one of the 5 year convictions. They had already dropped the failure to stop and render aid so why go even further in lessening the punishment?

#3 2013-08-07 01:50:24

dougmc
Administrator

Re: Hit-and-run driver kills pedestrian on trail on Lamar at the river

It's still five years more than most get.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 532.8 KiB (Peak: 533.42 KiB) ]