#1 2008-08-20 12:56:57

pwhallmark

Looking for Lecture Space

I am Site Facilitator for a League Cycling Instructor seminar coming up in Austin in September. We are in need of some classroom space, preferably not too far from downtown.

If you are in possession or control of such space, and would like to allow it to be used for furthering cycling education in Austin, please read on.

We need a room roughly 18'x20' at the very least, and we need full, uninterrupted access to it the weekend of Sep 12-14:
Fri Sep 12 about 5pm until 10pm
Sat Sep 13 all day and into the evening
Sun Sep 14 all day, into late afternoon

Ideally we would have control of the room and be allowed to lock up classroom material overnight Fri and Sat.

I know this is a tall order, and we are currently scouting out some possibilities, but I thought I would open it up to the list and see if anything nice and easy falls into our lap.

If you can provide such lecture space, or have firsthand knowledge that such space is likely available, please contact me off list.

We are also going to need a fairly large paved space for drills, but that is another issue and it does not have to be directly related to the lecture space.

Regards,
Phil Hallmark
LCI #1656

#2 2008-08-21 01:04:46

seth
Website

Re: Looking for Lecture Space

you might try the austin rec center at 12th & Lamar--

http://wikimapia.org/1353421/House-Park … ion-Center

they have meeting space inside that should meet your needs. I've booked it for a meeting before. It's free and has a big parking lot outside for your drills.

Seth

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.021 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 566.99 KiB (Peak: 1 MiB) ]