#1 2013-06-06 09:24:52

kfanning

1980 Gios Torino Super Record for Sale by owner

(Links to my CL and eBay ads are below)

Specs:

Used but rare and beautiful 1980 Gios Torino. This is a well ridden bike that would make an especially gorgeous and fun restoration project or weekend steel steed for the right buyer. Gios Torino's were one of the nicest bikes to come out of Italy in the 80's.  It rides perfectly and just had a tune up early May 2013.

This bike has been ridden regularly the past couple of years. Because of this, there is associated ride damage and wear. However, as a trained bicycle mechanic, I've gone over the bicycle front to back and the wear and tear is almost entirely cosmetic. Many of the parts and bearing surfaces simply need overhauling or a good run through a parts washer and relubrication. For someone who knows what they're doing, this would be an exciting project with the potential for a beautiful result. I also have a resource for many replacement campagnolo parts from this era which would fit in splendidly on this rare ride.

Bike appears to have been raced or ridden a fair bit early on in its life, sat in a garage, and then was purchased and ridden for a couple years afterwards recently. Unfortunately, the original wheelset was the only part of the bicycle to suffer from severe and irreparable corrosion. The wheelset was replaced with a contemporary stock Velo Orange set. There is mild paint flake on top of fork and damage to decals where water bottle holder is attached.

If you have any questions or want further details concerning this bike, do not hesitate to contact me. I can provide information on the parts and any necessary repairs to the bicycle, as well as direct you towards an excellent source for many Nuovo and Super Record replacement parts.

Pedals             Campagnolo (the clip ins are not selling with the bike, those will be removed and the original Campy's will be sold with the bike)
Frame & Fork    Gios Torino Super Record 1980
Rear Derailleur    Galli Anodized Blue
Front Derailleur    Campagnolo Super Record
Shifters    Campagnolo Super Record
Brakes    Modolo Speedy
Brake Levers    Campagnolo Nuovo Record
Crankset    Campagnolo Super Record
BB    Campagnolo Super Record
Seat Post    Campagnolo Super Record
Hubs    Velo Orange (July 2012)
Rims    Velo Orange PBP 700 (July 2012)
Tires    Schwalbe Ultremo ZX (July 2012)
Stem    3TTT
Handlear    3TTT
Seat    Terry Buzz Off Men's Saddle
Chain    Stock
Handlebar Tape    : Bontrager (brand new)

Here's my Craigslist and eBay Ads.  I'm in north Austin near the Domain.

http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/3841587351.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300913933309?ss … 1555.l2649

#2 2013-06-07 13:06:57

bizikletari

Re: 1980 Gios Torino Super Record for Sale by owner

A very expensive and tiny bike...

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.012 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 532 KiB (Peak: 540.95 KiB) ]