#1 2012-07-21 11:47:47

foolmanchoo
Website

Frame Painting in Austin... or?

Hi Guys... longtime lurker.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on getting a frame painted here in Austin? I'm looking for a quality job and am willing to pay for that.

This job will just be a single color with no decals (frame only, no fork). The frame is currently painted with decals, so I'd also need help in getting that stripped off too.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#2 2012-07-22 06:07:15

Donald Lewis

Re: Frame Painting in Austin... or?

foolmanchoo wrote:

Hi Guys... longtime lurker.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on getting a frame painted here in Austin? I'm looking for a quality job and am willing to pay for that.

This job will just be a single color with no decals (frame only, no fork). The frame is currently painted with decals, so I'd also need help in getting that stripped off too.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

For a single color you can't beat powder coating.  They do all the cleaning and prep, just bring them the frame.  I have used http://www.crosslinktexas.com/ for three frames and was quite happy with the results.

#3 2012-07-22 15:30:59

bikinpolitico
Website

I'll second Crosslink. I use them for all my custom frames at Violet Crown Cycles (http://violetcrowncycles.com). I had a little trouble with the finish early on (About 3 years ago), but they always re-shot the frame to fix it at no charge. Since that time, they worked out the kinks and I've been very happy with their work. As other positives, the price is far lower than wet paint, more durable, and better for the environment. Unless you need 2 tone or pictorial designs on your frame, there really isn't a reason not to go powder coat these days.

#4 2012-07-24 20:47:19

foolmanchoo
Website

Thanks guys...!
I'll give them a shot then.

Cheers~

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.015 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 532.54 KiB (Peak: 533.16 KiB) ]