#1 2012-01-09 22:27:58

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

MetroRail annoyances -- no change, blaring horns, and diesel smell

I had occasion to ride the Red Line a couple of months ago and encountered a few of annoyances.  The first was that the ticket machine didn't give real change.  Instead, it gave me some kind of "Change Ticket" that I could use towards the purchase of future fares, except that it expired in like a week or two, well before I'd have a chance to use it again.

I boarded the train in the front car, but the blaring safety horn was loud and nerve-wracking.  So when the train stopped I moved to the rear car, but then I was overcome with the stench of diesel.  There are only two cars, so you have to put up with the blaring horn or the horrible diesel smell.

I had a better experience on trains in India.

#2 2012-01-10 16:52:09

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: MetroRail annoyances -- no change, blaring horns, and diesel smell

I found it, it's an "Electronic Change Card", good for only 15 days after issue, and usable only at ticket vending machines (not on the bus), non-transferrable, and non-redeemable, even at the CapMetro office.

I guess I was spoiled by my time in Los Angeles, where the ticket machines give actual change.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 529.13 KiB (Peak: 529.75 KiB) ]