#1 2012-01-02 16:15:21

dougmc
Administrator

Full Wolf Moon Bike Ride -- 1/8/2012 at 11:59pm Pfluger Ped Bridge

https://www.facebook.com/events/300497939988068/

If you don't do the Facebook thing ... The first full moon cruise of 2012 is nearly here!

The next full moon happens in the early morning hours of this coming Monday, which means we assemble this coming Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 11:59pm CST.

This would be the "Full Wolf Moon". Amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages. Thus, the name for January's full Moon. Sometimes it was also referred to as the Old Moon, or the Moon After Yule. Some called it the Full Snow Moon, but most tribes applied that name to the next Moon (as I will.)

This Sunday night ... just before midnight ... Pfluger Pedestrian Bridge ... be there! We will ride out at about 12:30 am.

As always, ride at your own risk, having lights on your bike at night is a good idea and it's always prudent to have at least enough equipment to change a flat.

If you're not familiar with the area, this bridge is over the lake, just east of Lamar, right near the intersection of Lamar and Riverside.

If you want to say hi, I'm the annoying middle aged guy with a camera taking lots of pictures.  I may or may not be riding a recumbent.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 523.62 KiB (Peak: 525.86 KiB) ]