#1 2011-10-14 14:54:22

NadiaB

Cycletracks needs YOU!

Hi y'all,

Just wanted to remind you of this study.  We are using it to establish baseline data and apply for bicycle friendly community awards and more.  As stated in the e-mail below, Joan is short on female participants...so, if you know any that ride and own a smartphone, please encourage them to use the app.

We've put up a poster by our bike racks at the office.  Maybe you can do something similar where you work?  ;)

thanks!

nb

Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:33 AM
Subject: do you have a listserve for women bicyclists in Austin?

Concerning our test of CycleTracks (the smartphone app which collects bicycle route data), we have a low representation of females.  I attended the Thurs Night Social Ride a couple of weeks ago and tried to target women.  Everyone was very nice and seemed willing to help.  Now I need to give it one final push since we will begin the analysis part of the project in November (pushing for data until Oct 31st).

I have leaned on you to spread the word and am grateful for your help in this endeavor.  There are certainly more things I can do.  Let me know your ideas â€" women only rides or training?

Thank you again for everything you do to further a healthier and safer Austin!

Joan

www.cycletracksaustin.com

Joan G. Hudson, P.E.

Texas Transportation Institute

The Texas A&M University System

1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 300E

Austin, Texas 78723

(512)467-0946

(512)467-8971 fax

j-hudson \at\ tamu.edu

tti.tamu.edu

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.041 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 565.8 KiB (Peak: 1.32 MiB) ]