#1 2016-02-07 13:51:22

cconboy

Bike Friendly Route Twin Lakes YMCA using RR Blvd and Back

Hi, All! I am organizing a bike ride for a local non-profit organization. I am not an avid cyclist, so I am looking for some assistance with planning a safe, bike friendly out and back route for the ride.

I would like to start the ride at the Twin Lakes YMCA on N. Bell Blvd and use Ronald Reagan Blvd and possibly part of Crystal Falls Parkway and back to the YMCA. I am looking for a 25-mile out and back route (totaling a maximum of 50 miles) with multiple places along the way where riders who want to do a smaller ride can turn around and come back. I am also open to other suggestions!

Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise!
Crystal

Last edited by cconboy (2016-02-07 13:52:27)

#2 2016-02-08 10:29:50

Darron

Re: Bike Friendly Route Twin Lakes YMCA using RR Blvd and Back

There are a couple of options that could work depending on the pace/skill level of the participants:
If it's just a social ride of less than 11mph I'd recommend to stick with the Brushy Creek trail, north on the 183A shared use path, east on Crystal Falls, north on RR Blvd for as long as you'd like to make it 50 miles (turning around at 2338 makes it a 42 mile trip). 
If there are riders that are wanting a faster pace 17-20+ then I'd recommend Brushy Creek trail, north on the 183A shared use path, west on Brushy creek road, north on Parmer/RR.
The first 8 miles of the social route are on a shared use path so the speeds will be limited and there are more stops.  Beginner riders might just want to do an out and back on the share use path only.
Both Crystal Falls and Brushy Creek road are ideal east-west paths as they have 2 lanes each direction that allow cars to pass safely (Brushy Creek has Share the road signage as well).

Hope this helps.

Darron

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 526.83 KiB (Peak: 527.45 KiB) ]