#1 2015-08-09 00:43:22

losojos

Does no one care about an injured rider on the trail?

Granted, I was passed by more joggers (a runner basically caused this) than cyclists, but as I stood bleeding from my face, every single person simply passed by with eyes straight forward.

I had just face planted after dodging a runner, then having my front wheel catch the small gap of a runoff, causing me to endo, full force onto my face. I don't think any passerby could have done anything, but, if I were to see someone injured, I would stop to at least offer something. I still had to bike 2 miles to my car, then go through two urgent care clinics.

So, f-you, weekend trail people.

#2 2015-08-09 20:30:13

NadiaB

Re: Does no one care about an injured rider on the trail?

Losojos,
That sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you. It seems as we are all so engaged in our own personal issues and forget to be human sometimes. Thanks for posting this and reminding us about human decency. I usually try and stop when I see someone on the side of the road with their bike to ask if they need help- it's just common courtesy. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

#3 2015-08-09 20:52:48

bachmanpm

I am sorry to hear of your experience, but I must say mine was much different. I had a significant accident heading south on Duval just north of Double Daves Pizza. Heading down the hill and lost control because of a pothole in the shade. Very bloody and all of my bike attachments went flying - lights, batteries, water bottle, bike lock. More than two vehicles stopped, helped me gather up all of the accessories before cars ran them over, offered to drive me home. There are good people in Austin in general.

#4 2015-08-10 06:43:34

Donald Lewis

losojos wrote:

Granted, I was passed by more joggers (a runner basically caused this) than cyclists, but as I stood bleeding from my face, every single person simply passed by with eyes straight forward.

I had just face planted after dodging a runner, then having my front wheel catch the small gap of a runoff, causing me to endo, full force onto my face. I don't think any passerby could have done anything, but, if I were to see someone injured, I would stop to at least offer something. I still had to bike 2 miles to my car, then go through two urgent care clinics.

So, f-you, weekend trail people.

I would have stopped without a second thought.  If someone is changing a flat I always make sure they don't need anything.  Sorry you had to
witness people being self-centered jerks at an unfortunate time! Not everyone is that way, though.

Don in Austin

#5 2015-08-10 13:20:30

BlueGp21

That really sucks!  I ALWAYS stop for someone off their bike.  Had to walk my bike out after a crash before.

#6 2015-08-11 12:06:27

rich00

Most people on the trail on too engrossed in listening to their music to be aware of anyone around them.

I hope you recover quickly.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 535.14 KiB (Peak: 535.77 KiB) ]