#1 2008-10-24 07:42:48

aliciab
Website

Bike theft

To the stinking weasel who stole my blue & yellow Trek 7000 hardtail mountain (now commuter) bike:

May you be too stupid to realize it's got commuter tires on it, take it out on a trail, and endo;

May your fully-loaded panniers fall off the rear black cargo rack;

May your hand slip while trying to use the Pedro's bottle opener where the water cage should be, so that your brew spills and you cut yourself;

May your feet slip off the yellow ATAC clipless pedals, causing you to slip and bruise your nads on the top tube;

May the severed end of the lock fly up and hit you in the eye; and

May you have the same trouble we've been having lately getting it to shift to the largest chain ring.

And to everybody else:  If you see a bike around town fitting this description, would you please do whatever you can to help me get it back?

Aggravated to have to resort to my car,

Alicia Butler

#2 2008-10-24 09:08:20

jmayson

Re: Bike theft

Bummer.  :-(

Where in town was it stolen?  Do you have a photo and/or the serial number?

#3 2008-10-24 10:48:10

Jason
Website

Oof, it always sucks to have a bicycle stolen. If you have a moment, please post any details you may have on the bike to my Stolen Bikes registry: http://www.atxbs.com/?q=node/407

It's just starting out but I'm trying to create a persistent location for people to log stolen bike notices, in hopes that other community members happen to see them and can get in touch with the owners. It's worth a shot.

Jason

#4 2008-10-24 12:54:33

aliciab
Website

Thanks guys; we thought we had the serial number but now I can't find it. :(  No recent photos.

It was stolen from in front of the UT School of Nursing, on Red River at MLK.

Last edited by aliciab (2008-10-24 13:07:47)

#5 2008-10-25 14:07:32

jmayson

This doesn't help you today, but perhaps it'll help someone.

I have excellent write-only memory (WOM).  I record everything.  But when I need the information I can't ever find it.  I too would be unable to find my serial number if I had to produce it. 

So, I took pictures of my bike including the serial number.  I emailed these photos into my GMail account and in the body of the message put a description of the bike with the serial number.  I tagged the email and now if I ever need it I'll know exactly where to find it. 

I hope this tip helps someone.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 536.71 KiB (Peak: 537.34 KiB) ]