#1 2014-07-09 10:41:56

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Half of car collisions in L.A. are hit-and-runs

Half of car collisions in L.A. are hit-and-runs:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-detecti … d=20024583

Not surprising to me, as I know from when I tracked it that half the car-on-bike collisions in Austin were (probably still are) hit and runs.

But in any event, we know who the real menace is, don't we?  Bicyclists who break traffic laws.

#2 2014-07-09 16:20:57

rich00

Re: Half of car collisions in L.A. are hit-and-runs

It's July, so get ready for the bullshit spotlight to shine on cycling and all the Tour de France comparisons. Washington Post already started throwing utter BS.

Meanwhile, I got right hooked twice last week, and both drivers thought nothing wrong of it when I confronted them.

I've not seen one dangerous cyclist maneuver in recent memory. Every bike I see is riding predictably, legally and sensibly.

At the 183 north open house I overheard a woman complaining about how bikes cross the white line outside of the bike lane. I never see a cyclist do that unless they have to pass a parked car or other obstruction. I see lots of cars float into the bike lane for no reason.

#3 2014-07-09 18:03:34

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Half of car collisions in L.A. are hit-and-runs

Exactly.  A cyclist crossing the line from the bike lane to enter the car lane is never going to kill a motorist, but when drivers drift into the bike lane they can do actual damage.  Of course, I'm sure that never occurred to the woman you heard at the open house.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.012 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 529.13 KiB (Peak: 529.75 KiB) ]