#1 2014-06-10 14:54:08

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Hit-and-run on ped by red car on 6/9/14 9:15am, 20th & Salina

This was recently posted to Nextdoor.com:

NextDoor.com wrote:

My good friend was walking to the bus this morning when he was hit by a car. It happened around 9:15 am at Salina St. and 20th St. near Rising Star Baptist Church. A red car sped towards him, hit him from behind, then drove off. He had to dive to avoid being hit directly so he was unable to get a plate number. The car did hit him though and he suffered several broken bones. I know it's a long shot but did anyone see or hear anything?

If you haven't heard of it, Nextdoor is a site where neighbors can share information with each other, like crime reports and found/lost pets.  By default you get messages only from your neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods, not the whole city.  And like the Bicycle Austin email list, the messages come just once a day in a digest so it doesn't overload your inbox.  Today, besides the hit-and-run mentioned above, there was also a report of a stolen bike a few blocks away.

I strongly recommend that everyone get on Nextdoor.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.024 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 563.63 KiB (Peak: 1.19 MiB) ]