#1 2013-06-24 22:06:27

savanni
Website

For sale: Tour Easy, Long Wheelbase Recumbent

I posted this on Craigslist and am now posting here to boost the signal amongst people who are more likely to be looking for this style of bike.

I've decided to sell my first ever recumbent bicycle, primarily in preparation for moving into a smaller space, but also because I've ridden this very little since getting a a short wheelbase some time back.  All of the details are on Craigslist, but I'll repost a couple of them here:

• 7 ft long

• all aluminum frame

• entire frame is coated in reflective tape

• SRAM x-7 derailleur and gripshift

• Avid cantilevered brakes

• crank: 170mm

• back tire: ISO 32-622 (traditional 700c road bike tire)

• front tire: ISO 28-451

• chainring: 31/42/52

• cassette: 11/13/15/17/20/23/26/30/34

• Brand new chain. Chainring, cassette, and brakes are all in good condition. Shifting is super-smooth.

If you are interested or know somebody who is, please let me know.

#2 2013-07-06 11:43:32

dougmc
Administrator

Re: For sale: Tour Easy, Long Wheelbase Recumbent

$1000?  Good luck!

Took me a month to find a buyer for my Bike-E, and it finally went for $225.  Granted, this is likely a better bike, but not four times better.

Not sure if the recumbent market in Austin is tiny compared to upright bicycles or what, but when I've sold upright bikes I've had all sorts of interest.  I've now sold two recumbents and had a hard time with it (the other was similar to yours, but not in as good of shape and didn't have a special frame, and I got $100 for it.  Which is what I paid for it, so I wasn't too unhappy with that.)

#3 2013-07-06 15:32:42

savanni
Website

Re: For sale: Tour Easy, Long Wheelbase Recumbent

dougmc wrote:

$1000?  Good luck!

Took me a month to find a buyer for my Bike-E, and it finally went for $225.  Granted, this is likely a better bike, but not four times better.

Not sure if the recumbent market in Austin is tiny compared to upright bicycles or what, but when I've sold upright bikes I've had all sorts of interest.  I've now sold two recumbents and had a hard time with it (the other was similar to yours, but not in as good of shape and didn't have a special frame, and I got $100 for it.  Which is what I paid for it, so I wasn't too unhappy with that.)

Well, maybe it is unreasonable.  And maybe the Austin market is just too small.  But if you went out for something new at the shop, for this price you'll get a bike at least ten pounds heavier.

I may be forced to drop the price as time passes, the amount of space I have drops, and I start facing the possibility of needing a storage unit.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 531.79 KiB (Peak: 532.41 KiB) ]