#1 2013-02-28 09:36:02

AusTexMurf

Man accused of hit-and-run involving horseback rider

A man has been charged with failure to render aid after he is accused of hitting a man on horseback with his car and leaving the scene, according to the arrest affidavit.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crim … rid/nWb6c/

#2 2013-02-28 09:52:23

AusTexMurf

Re: Man accused of hit-and-run involving horseback rider

Wow.

This theme is the news way too often these days.

On another note, this past Dec I was pulling my two youngest boys in the double Chariot trailer in the bike lane on Berkeley in South Austin. It was a cold, rainy, overcast day. The boys and I stopped to look at the water flowing in the Blarwood creek that dumps into Williamson Creek at Westgate. While we were stopped we were overtaken by a very friendly character (think he was in the news regarding an incident downtown a couple of years ago....) riding what looked to be a large sturdy mule.
He was wearing a high vis vest and had bicycle blinky lights on his mule and was riding in the bike lane.
The boys, he, and I all got a kick out of the encounter. It was really great because it was around 40 degrees and raining at about 9:15am. We had a very surreal conversation overlooking the creek, from the bike lane. Not one car passed us and we didn't see another human being on the route across Westgate.
Anyway, the story in the news made me think of this one.......

Last edited by AusTexMurf (2013-02-28 09:53:48)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 528.13 KiB (Peak: 528.75 KiB) ]