#1 2013-02-22 20:23:30

Donald Lewis

Gabrielle Nestande case, the Griffin family

Does anyone know how to reach them and let them know that they are not alone in the outrage they feel?  We can't bring back their daughter, but we can encourage them not to give up the fight, perhaps contribute to a grassroots movement to get laws changed?  It is my understanding that they have been advocating putting teeth in hit and run laws. 

They could use our support and sympathy now almost as much as when they first learned of their loss.

Don in Austin

#2 2013-02-28 00:23:02

badgnome

Re: Gabrielle Nestande case, the Griffin family

I saw this in an article too but wasn't aware of their being involved with any particular organization. Do you know what law(s) they were trying to change?

#3 2013-02-28 09:40:24

Donald Lewis

badgnome wrote:

I saw this in an article too but wasn't aware of their being involved with any particular organization. Do you know what law(s) they were trying to change?

I have no specifics, unfortunately.  It was my impression they wanted penalties for abandoning the scene increased.

Don

#4 2013-03-01 19:56:51

Donald Lewis

I have been in touch with Bart Griffin.  He and his wife operate a Budget Blinds franchise in Buda, and that is how I reached him.  I asked him about sharing his contact information with this forum and received this reply:

Absolutely. Best email address is bgriffin1 /at/ austin.rr.com.  You will get a rejection email when you send it to that address, but I always receive it. I have a cell phone carrier that cannot delete a forward

A kind note or, better yet, a kind note and a contribution to Austin Pets Alive in honor of Courtney would be very much appreciated by them.

Don

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 531.13 KiB (Peak: 531.75 KiB) ]