#1 2013-01-08 18:35:29

Matt C.

Ben Clough

I just want to thank the site, and the members for keeping up your story about Ben, my brother. This case, along with many others you detail should never have occurred, and hopefully someday things will change. Thanks again.

#2 2013-01-08 19:24:20

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Ben Clough

Hi Matt, and thanks for stopping by.  What happened to Ben was terribly unfair, and the subsequent failure of the system to deal with the driver properly was just outrageous.  I want to live in a world where the streets are safe for everyone -- and where those who hurt other road users incur appropriate consequences.  I'd like to say we're making progress in both of those areas, but I'm not so sure.  On the one hand, we're getting more and more bike lanes, and a 3-foot safe-passing rule, but cyclists seem to be suffering as much as ever on the roadways.  And things haven't seemed to improve much on the criminal justice side of things, though I don't research and tally those cases like I used to so I can't say for sure.  Still, we're all still trying to make the world a better place.

For those unfamiliar with the case in question, here's my old page about Ben Clough.

#3 2013-01-08 21:43:48

chuckthomas

Re: Ben Clough

I was thinking about Ben yesterday as I walked to Players for lunch.  Carlos, the owner of Players was one of the first on site after the accident.  R.I.P Buddy.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 529.47 KiB (Peak: 530.09 KiB) ]