#1 2012-08-23 23:11:06

savanni
Website

Driving to Bouldin Creek Cafe

I always feel really, really uncomfortable driving to Bouldin Creek Cafe.  Something about the place screams "Savanni, get on your bike!".

I felt even more uncomfortable tonight when a cyclist (who for unknown reasons recently moved from Portland to here) joined the group I was meeting.

And then I felt really uncomfortable when it became necessary to reprimand a driver who decided to go on a little rant about cyclists who break the traffic laws.  Didn't stop me from going into the reprimand, though it might have stopped me from explaining in excruciating detail the overwhelming number of stupidly hazardous traffic violations I see cars make every damn day and how drivers frequently sacrifice the safety of everyone around them in the name of saving ten seconds.

Much as I hate driving and the death-by-mind-numbing it creates in me... nothing makes me hate it more than dealing with drivers who have a superiority complex.  I think tomorrow, despite my need for extra time and energy, I have to bike just to recover a bit of my soul.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 524.27 KiB (Peak: 524.9 KiB) ]