#1 2012-05-03 22:31:27

savanni
Website

To the group I found tonight at 5th and Cardinal

I was the one on the recumbent with the flag and the light attached to the flag that rode up while you guys were hanging out at the intersection.

I wasn't clear: Were you guys a regularly scheduled ride?  Where do you meet and do you frequently go south?  If you meet somewhere vaguely close to downtown, Barton Springs, Bouldin or whatnot, I would love to be able to join you on occasion.  I live so far south that most of the rides are impractical for me.

#2 2012-05-04 11:26:20

bizikletari

Re: To the group I found tonight at 5th and Cardinal

#3 2012-05-05 02:32:18

dougmc
Administrator

I don't recall the TNSR or the Pedal for Safety going anywhere near 5th and Cardinal last night.  Skellis perhaps?

Yup -- here's their route for last night -- http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/88768893/

Their facebook group is at https://www.facebook.com/skellies

That said, both groups have rides on Thursday nights.  The TNSR is slower, shorter and has more riders, and the Skellis ride is faster, longer and has fewer riders.

The TNSR starts at IH-35 at the river, on the NE side.  The Skellis start at the Grackle on 6th street.  Both rides go north, south, east or west, though the Skellis ride goes further.

There's also the Full Moon Cruise every full moon, which is this Saturday night (tomorrow night) at 11:59pm at the Pfluger Pedestrian Bridge -- you might find that interesting.

#4 2012-05-05 16:09:08

savanni
Website

Skellies looks like the right group.  Or, the map looks right to me, anyway.  I actually encountered them as I was heading home from Pedal for Safety.  I think I passed TNSR also on Barton Springs on my way home.

I know about the full moon cruise, however I have a date with a non-cyclist.  But, seriously, enjoy this full moon!  Should be big and bright!

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.020 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 532.28 KiB (Peak: 532.91 KiB) ]