#1 2023-09-04 14:41:10

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website
MacintoshSafari 16.6

General incompetence at CapMetro

For decades I've heard complaints about incompetence at CapMetro, but I haven't had much experience with them other than a few bus rides.  Today it's different.  I'm trying to get someone set up with their "Access" service, which is a special point-to-point van/bus for people with disabilities.  Their lengthy web page about that service offering says that you have to fill out an application to get that service.

And nowhere on that web page do they bother to *link* to that application.

Or even say *how* you can get one.

Presumably I can call them and they'll snail-mail one out to me, but I shouldn't have to guess.

If the rest of their operations are run this sloppily, I can understand users' frustration.

#2 2023-09-05 14:34:30

chavela
Windows 10Chrome 115.0

Re: General incompetence at CapMetro

Ugh, I agree--Cap Metro is part of the problem.  Good example about Metro Access. 

I emailed them asking how to get an application, and the answer was "Thank you for contacting Capital Metro regarding our Paratransit services.  The application is not available online [WHY NOT???] , please provide either a mailing address or email address where we may send the application to. " 

So even though I ASKED FOR THE APPLICATION in the original email, I still had to respond and say "send it to this address"  I was forced to "touch" them THREE TIMES (and maybe more, since I still haven't received the application).

#3 2023-09-05 16:51:11

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website
MacintoshSafari 16.6

I can believe it.  Here's my message to them:

On your lengthy web page about your Metro Access offering ( https://www.capmetro.org/eligibility ) you mention that a person must apply for that service, but nowhere do you bother to *link* to the application (or even say how a person goes about getting an application if it’s not available online).

If what you’re thinking now is how to get the application to me then YOU HAVE MISSED THE POINT of what I just said.  Regardless of my need for an application, the website must be fixed to:

(1) Provide a link to the application.  And if the application is not online, it should be.

(2) If CapMetro is adamant that it will not make the application available online because it insists that it wants to make things more difficult for users than it needs to be, then it should at least spell out exactly what hoop(s) a user is expected to jump through in order to obtain an application (e.g., calling or emailing, if that’s the expected procedure).

In your reply I request that you specifically acknowledge the above and tell me exactly what steps you will take to make sure that the appropriate person/people are notified about these glaring problems.  If you fail to do so I will report that to the manager of the department.

Separate from all that, I do request an application, preferably by email....

Take a guess as to whether their reply acknowledged what I specifically asked them to acknowledge.

And these are the people supposedly building a train system.  If they can't get the *easy* things right, how can they get the *challenging* things right?

#4 2023-09-07 21:46:31

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website
MacintoshSafari 16.6

I received the PDF application.  Take a guess as to whether it's fillable.

#5 2023-09-25 09:50:37

Darron
MacintoshFirefox 117.0

MichaelBluejay wrote:

I received the PDF application.  Take a guess as to whether it's fillable.

Did you have to print it out, fill in by hand, fax it back to them, then email them to check the fax machine? 😆

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 543.66 KiB (Peak: 544.29 KiB) ]