#1 2014-08-09 00:21:30

Awaqa909

700c rim strength?

I'm moving and the new area to me, has some sort of gravel paths (will be there in a few days not too sure what it all has) and well it may be more of a rocky then gravel.

What can a 700c rim handle? I was looking at getting a BigBoxStore Road Bicycle for around $200
(its for fun, dont got money to be blowing on stuff, as I go fishing sometimes, radio controlled cars, and computer stuff)
what if I did a wheelie? on the mountain bike that is somewhat mine, but kinda cruddy I try to ride wheelies on it (I had to make the front tire less PSI, had too much sting when putting it back down)

Thanks,
Awaqa909

#2 2014-08-11 11:20:27

Jack

Re: 700c rim strength?

You have little to worry about with 700c wheels as far as strength goes if you have a decent wheel.  It's not the size that matters so much but whether it's well-built.  If you are talking about out and out trick riding, surely there's a better option, but if you are talking about riding on gravel roads, unpaved hike/bike trails and the like, you are fine with 700c.  The rougher the road, the more you'll benefit from a fatter tire.

If you budget is about $200,  you are probably better off with a used bike than a box-store bike.  The cheap new store bike will have cheap, new, machine-built wheels that are unlikely to have a lot of life in them even if you stick to pavement.  Check the Yellow Bike Project for a cheap but decent used bike within your budget.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.012 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 527.77 KiB (Peak: 528.39 KiB) ]