#1 2013-05-24 11:52:01

dougmc
Administrator

Full Badass Moon Ride Friday 05/24 11:59pm

The Farmer's Almanac describes the May full moon as "the Full Flower Moon – May In most areas, flowers are abundant everywhere during this time. Thus, the name of this Moon. Other names include the Full Corn Planting Moon, or the Milk Moon."

Screw that pansy-ass name. Sure, the flowers are abundant, but we can do better than that.

I dub this moon to be the Full Badass Moon. I mean, they're all Badass, but this one happens to fall on a weekend, so it's got a little extra Badass for those riders who happen to work M-F. Also, I've got an utterly Badass moon+bike picture to use as a flyer.

We will assemble Friday night, May 24th 2013, 11:59pm, at the Pfluger Pedestrian bridge, and we leave at about 12:30am.
As always, ride at your own risk, having lights on your bike at night is a good idea and it's always prudent to have at least enough equipment to change a flat.

Looks like the plan for this month is to go South, with a total distance of around 30 miles, though you can head back earlier if desired.
More at https://www.facebook.com/events/141406326045184/

Badass picture of moon and bike

(more on that picture here.)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.020 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 562 KiB (Peak: 1 MiB) ]