#1 2011-03-17 23:36:03

TallyCast

Thank you Austin!

I brought a folding bike on the airplane and used it to commute to and from my AirBnB home in Austin to the SXSW events this past week.  A kind reader of this forum helped me with find the best to/from route, the folks at a bike store near my temporary home expressed admiration for my antique Raleigh folder while selling me a new mirror.  My host loaned me a helmet; in fact she wouldn't take "no" for an answer. 

I got lost a lot and was treated with kindness by cyclists, pedicab drivers and pretty much everyone I bothered, asking for directions.  Motor vehicle drivers were, for the most part, easy to get along with and I never felt threatened by an aggressive driver.  Drunk drivers on South Lamar Saturday night were a different story, but drunks are drunks everywhere. 

So thank you Austin, for your kindness to an old guy.   I've written a blog post about bikes in Austin on a local blog focused on Tallahassee, my home town:  http://www.tallycast.com/2011/03/14/where-bikes-work/ 

Nothing but the best,
Dave Brightbill

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.043 seconds, 13 queries executed - Memory usage: 564.56 KiB (Peak: 1.32 MiB) ]