#1 2010-10-11 11:14:44

SLS

Bike caddy accident 10/8, South Congress and Riverside

I was riding home on the bus Friday afternoon and saw the immediate aftermath of what looked like an accident between a bike caddy (with passengers) and a car in the median of South Congress just across from the Freebird's shop. The scene did not look good with 3 people lying motionless, face down, on the ground. I can't find anything in the news about the incident. Does anyone else have any word about this, especially the status of the people involved? Hoping everyone is ok. This happened around 6:15pm Friday afternoon, 10/8.

#2 2010-10-11 21:26:50

vattiat

Re: Bike caddy accident 10/8, South Congress and Riverside

This is sad news and while I have no knowledge of the facts in this case, I'm not surprised to hear it happened.

I've noticed over the last few SXSW and ACL's the increasing number and decreasing quality of bicycle pedicabs around town.  Seriously, people with no business on a bike downtown taking the safety of strangers into their hands.

It's like half of the pedicabs have no fares and the other half have never been on a bike before.

What's really sad is we have people coming into town hoping to have a good time, they chose not to drive, taking a pedicab seems like a good idea, right?  Instead, they end up endangering themselves with someone who isn't even concerned with their own safety enough to wear a helmet.

It definitely can't help with the attitude towards biking and bikers in town either.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 528.05 KiB (Peak: 528.68 KiB) ]