#1 2010-03-29 09:34:51

ParmerSurvivor

Tandem Incident Victim's Update

If any of you still check this I thought I would give an update. It is truely amazing the progress Angi has made and she took her first step on Saturday to get back to some sense of normalcy. She said we need to take a ride!!! We only rode about a mile around the neighborhood, but she on the new tandem for the first time, with her shoes on and clipped in even, and helmet on of course.  It was not without major anxiety on her part and quite a few tears, but she made it all the way and did not get off and walk home.

I did hit one bump jarring hurt her back and causing some pain, so I will have to watch for bumps better. She is actaully way ahead of my hopes of us getting back on the bike together.  My hopes were for June or July, but the ned of March is truely amazing!!! What a womam!!!!

We won't be riding far for  while, but even a mile is wonderful to be riding together with her!!!!!

#2 2010-04-26 10:47:01

ParmerSurvivor

Re: Tandem Incident Victim's Update

We rode 6 miles last Wednesday evening!!!!!  She is doing great.  We actually went on 183A between New Hope and Crytal Falls, both ways.  No issues but won't be doing that again with the orange barrells they have out there, but they did  give us a cushion between us and the cars.

Ordered her a new Thudbuster seatpost since the old bike had a shock absorbing seat post, I think she needs one on this bike too.

Last edited by ParmerSurvivor (2010-04-26 10:47:53)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 527.92 KiB (Peak: 528.55 KiB) ]