#1 2021-09-28 22:56:19

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

16yo who hit six cyclists in Houston faces no arrest or charges (9/21)

A teen driver who tried to roll coal (spew exhaust) on a group of cyclists lost control and hit six of them.  Four had to be hospitalized, including two who had to be airlifted out.

Regular readers won't be surprised that the driver wasn't arrested and hasn't been charged.

The anchor on the radio news was incredulous and asked the reporter why there were no charges, and the reporter didn't have an answer.  Oh, I wish they'd asked ME that question, and I could have explained in detail how this is PATTERN AND PRACTICE.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/houston- … 490862.php

#2 2021-09-29 16:33:30

dougmc
Administrator

Re: 16yo who hit six cyclists in Houston faces no arrest or charges (9/21)

Ahh, his attorney released a statement!

"My client is a young man in high school with college aspirations. He’s a very new and inexperienced driver. This was a serious accident but did not involve any criminal intent. He immediately called 911, helped with the injured and cooperated with police. The family prays for the speedy recovery of the riders involved and we look forward to cooperating with investigators."

Well then.

Looking at the DA's Facebook page and this article, it sounds like the teenager will not be arrested at this time, but *might* be indicted in October or November, and if he was indicted for a felony, I guess he would be arrested at that time.

It is interesting that the DA made a big post about how wrong (and criminal) "rolling coal" was, however.  I mean, we all knew that, but to hear it from a DA ... well, I hope they actually mean it.

#3 2021-11-08 22:24:11

dougmc
Administrator

I am ... impressed.

"On September 25, 2021 a sixteen year old drove his truck into six bicyclists that were training through Waller County. Over the last six weeks this office has assigned its own investigators to seek out evidence, and to interview the victims and witnesses," the statement reads. "Today we have filed six felony charges of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon against the juvenile in question, one charge for each cyclist that was injured."

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa … 603498.php

#4 2021-11-08 22:53:13

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

I am impressed and SURPRISED!  Wow!

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 537.82 KiB (Peak: 538.45 KiB) ]