#1 2008-10-19 22:33:20

bertd37

Locker / shower facilities near Lamar/51st?

Hello,

I've just started a new job near Lamar & 51st, in the complex that includes the Tx Health & Human Services center, Tx Youth Commission, and Disaster Recovery Operations center, among other buildings & agencies.  (between Lamar & Grover, North Loop & 49th: http://tinyurl.com/6q9ujr)

The building I'm working in does not have showers or lockers.  Does anyone know if there are any locker/shower facilities in any of the other agency buildings in this complex?  A few buildings have a small handful of bikes parked outside, but I have yet to run across one of these commuters in person to ask them.  Even if so, I'm skeptical that I'd be allowed to use the facilities, but it's worth a try..
Alternatively, any nearby gyms / martials arts/yoga studios that offer limited memberships for use of the facilities?  I've called a few nearby without any luck (Crossfit Central, Austin Kenpo Karate, Yoga for Health). 

thanks much for any help..

#2 2008-10-20 08:43:18

plarson

Re: Locker / shower facilities near Lamar/51st?

Hi there,
The Winters Building has showers in the "East" tower, down on the basement floor. They are hard to find, but ask the guard at the desk, if you have access.

Or call me at 438-2216 (work) and I can guide you. I've never used them, as sweat pretty much dries after about 30 minutes. I take a shower before I get to work, and change after I dry off.
Patrick

#3 2008-10-20 13:22:51

bertd37

Thanks a lot.  I'll stop by there and ask around -- I probably won't be allowed, but I'm happy to try.  Unfortunately I work in very close quarters with others, so simply not showering after the commute, while it wouldn't bother me much, is kind of a final resort.

I'll call if they actually let me in and I can't find my way -- greatly appreciate it.

- Bob

#4 2008-10-20 17:49:17

mrwalt

The Brown-Heatley building has showers & lockers, and a small gym, on the first floor.  We also have limited bike parking near the front (south) door.  I don't know if your badge will allow you into this building.  You can check with the security desk.

-Walt-

Last edited by mrwalt (2008-10-20 17:49:55)

#5 2008-10-20 22:44:25

bertd37

mrwalt wrote:

The Brown-Heatley building has showers & lockers, and a small gym, on the first floor.  We also have limited bike parking near the front (south) door.  I don't know if your badge will allow you into this building.  You can check with the security desk.

-Walt-

Nice!  I'll try to weasel my way in...  Thanks.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 535.55 KiB (Peak: 536.17 KiB) ]