#1 2008-09-29 10:20:55

plarson

Hit by bicyclist at ACL?

My girlfriend was hit friday night by a bicyclist coming off the sidewalk by the saloon on barton creek and lamar. We were on our way back from ACL, so it was kind of crazy traffic. A cop saw him do it (traffic cop), and did nothing. If the copy were not there, I would have punched the guy. Instead, I gave him a few choice words and then he rode off. 

Did anyone else experience any bad cyclist behavior this weekend? There were tons of people riding bikes (good thing), but then most of them had no blinkies or front headlights (bad thing) weaving in and out of traffic.

It was scary.

#2 2008-09-30 17:23:42

mikelikestoridehisbike

Re: Hit by bicyclist at ACL?

Of *course* there was bad cyclist behavior - those "cyclists" weren't riding bikes because that's how they get around, they were riding bikes to avoid traffic. And they were probably wasted, to boot.

I mean, if this were a pro-pedestrian forum, we'd all be on here bugging out about people walking into each other, standing around in the middle of the road and walking in the bike lanes. hehe.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 523.85 KiB (Peak: 524.48 KiB) ]