#1 2014-07-26 19:08:38

tasavage

Bike Austin's Hottest Day of the Year Ride Aug 9

Riding a bicycle in the Texas heat gets a bad rap!  Pessimists predict spontaneous combustion for the outdoor recreationist upon contact with the afternoon sun, or warn of an unattractive transformation into a sweaty puddle of bad hair and permanent shirt stains after the mildest of exertions.

In contrast to the disbelievers, we at Bike Austin believe that being outside in the heat is no big deal, and we want to show the world that anyone can ride a bike on the Hottest Day of the Year. With proper clothing, hydration, and an open mind, we believe going by bike to the park, to the pool, a cafe, or for ice cream (esp. for ice cream) is completely do-able, fun, and preferable for cyclists at all levels.  No training needed.

Please mark your calendars for the Hottest Day of the Year Ride and Benefit Party and save your spot here:

www.eventbrite.com/e/hottest-day-of-the-year-ride-benefit-party-tickets-12183664669?aff=es2&rank=0

Meet up at East Side Pedal Pushers (1414 E. 5th St, across from Plaza Saltillo) at 1:30 PM.
(www.eastsidepedalpushersaustin.com/contact.html)

Wheels down at 2 PM.

The 15-mile leisurely bicycle ride will include stops for:

swimming pools!
ice cream!
tasty beverages!
food!

Please bring water, sunscreen, water, goggles, floaties, squirt guns--you get the idea!  Some beverages and treats will be provided, but please bring money for dinner and any food stops.

If you have to miss the ride, you are invited to attend the Bike Austin Hottest Day of the Year Benefit Party.  The ride will end at the benefit party location, Alta's Cafe, 74 Trinity St.
(http://altascafe.com/hours-location/), where we are planning some special festivities for our supporters.  Suggested donation at the door $5.

#2 2014-07-26 21:21:11

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Bike Austin's Hottest Day of the Year Ride Aug 9

tasavage, thanks so much for posting this!

Everyone else, please welcome tasavage, who has graciously volunteered to post Bike Austin events here.  That's greatly appreciated.

This forum now has representation from all main fronts, I think:

* City of Austin:  NadiaB
    * Bike Austin:  tasavage
    * Yellow Bike Project:  bizikletari
    * Bike Texas:  lluciano

#3 2014-07-27 19:20:44

longhorn93

MichaelBluejay wrote:

tasavage, thanks so much for posting this!

Everyone else, please welcome tasavage, who has graciously volunteered to post Bike Austin events here.  That's greatly appreciated.

This forum now has representation from all main fronts, I think:

* City of Austin:  NadiaB
    * Bike Austin:  tasavage
    * Yellow Bike Project:  bizikletari
    * Bike Texas:  lluciano

Forgot The Ghisallo Foundation..
I can post our events and news if y'all wish.

Would be great to get a link to our Facebook and/or our Webpage in the sidebar:
FB - https://www.facebook.com/GhisalloFoundation/info
Web - http://www.ghisallo.org/

Thanks!!
Noni

Last edited by longhorn93 (2014-07-27 19:26:05)

#4 2014-07-27 21:42:58

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

That would be awesome, thanks!  I didn't know about the Ghisallo Foundation, but now that I do, I added it to the lefthand sidebar.

#5 2014-07-27 21:47:28

longhorn93

Thank you.  We are young and so what small. But, we have been doing some great things and are growing as fast as we can.
:-)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 540.15 KiB (Peak: 540.77 KiB) ]