#1 2009-12-10 17:02:13

fejsez

Congress/Stassney area to Barton Creek Square Mall-suggestions

I am moving to Austin in the near future and it looks like we will be living in the Congress/Stassney area, but I will be working at Barton Creek Square Mall. I currently bike to work and would like to continue to do so whenever possible.
Any suggestions for a route?

#2 2009-12-11 11:59:11

bikinpolitico
Website

Re: Congress/Stassney area to Barton Creek Square Mall-suggestions

This would be not particularly direct but safest: Take Congress north to Barton Springs. Turn left on Barton Springs and take until it turns into the access road for Mopac. Stay on the access road until you get to the mall. Coming home, take the southbound access road until it loops under Mopac after 360 and take the access road back to Barton Springs reversing you path. The access road is used by recreational road riders quite a bit. You problem in the more direct route is getting from Lamar to the mall. NOT bike friendly.

#3 2010-02-28 09:58:42

InvisibleRobot

Re: Congress/Stassney area to Barton Creek Square Mall-suggestions

ill agree with that, i will caution you if youre used to riding flat the ride going to the mall on barton springs is a climb not too steep but long...once youre on the mopac feeder theres up and down hills either way...bikes all over the place

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 527.85 KiB (Peak: 528.48 KiB) ]