#1 2023-01-27 12:22:48

Darron
MacintoshFirefox 108.0

Cedar Park Active Transportation Tour - Saturday March 25, noon

I'm in the process of organizing a social bike ride for Austin Outside to tour some of the bike/ped improvements we have made in Wilco and to visit our newly opened Lakeline Park. 10 miles, flat, mostly on bike infrastructure or neighborhoods.

Are there resources or advice for organizing a ride? Does Social Cycling Austin or Ride Bikes Austin have any best practices (or do you have contact I could reach out to?). I can always email their generic contact emails but I thought I'd ask here first.

Darron

Last edited by Darron (2023-03-16 09:28:48)

#2 2023-01-28 14:17:08

dougmc
Administrator
LinuxChrome 109.0

Re: Cedar Park Active Transportation Tour - Saturday March 25, noon

Tom Wald (on your board of directors) is likely to be a pretty good resource, as he's been involved in the social rides in Austin for over a decade.  He's not usually leading or organizing them, but I think I've seen him do that too.

Outside of that, any advice that SCA and RBA give would be pretty generic, stuff you could just find online about how to do a social ride.  That said, what they might have to offer is experienced manpower and advertising -- RBA especially has made a point of running rides like this for community organizations.

#3 2023-01-30 10:55:50

Darron
MacintoshFirefox 108.0

Thanks Doug,

I try not to lean on Tom W too much, but he is involved (The Red Line Parkway Initiative might be co-hosting since we will be checking out some potential RLPI alignments in the area).  I was able to get some feedback from other AO members too.

I'll follow up with RBA to see if there are interested in participating or at least finding an experienced "sweeper" or two.

Darron

#4 2023-03-16 09:35:39

Darron
MacintoshFirefox 110.0

Here are the details of the event if any other advocates are interested in joining:

Active Transportation Advocates of Cedar Park, Red Line Parkway Initiative, and Austin Outside invites you to an afternoon of biking through the vibrant and thriving outdoor spaces in Cedar Park including the all-new, 200+ acre Lakeline Park. This 9.5 mile loop bike tour starts at Pedego Electric Bikes in Cedar Park at 12:00noon on March 25th. Participants should plan on bringing their own bike or renting ahead from Pedego (limited bikes available). In addition to Lakeline Park, we will also tour some of the current and potential active transportation facilities in the area including: 183A Shared Use Path, Brushy Creek Regional Trail, Neighborhood Parkways/Bike Lanes, Bell District, Red Line Parkway alignment, advanced bike/ped signalization, and more! (View the route map.)

If coming by MetroRail, the first northbound Red Line train arrives at 11:09am at Lakeline Station and it is a ~6 mile ride to Pedego from there. The total distance for those departing and returning to Lakeline Station will be about 20 miles. If you are joining this group, please choose the Lakeline Station option when registering for the ride.

>>Click here to register!

Thanks to our sponsors Electric Avenue and People for Bikes.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.019 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 538.51 KiB (Peak: 539.13 KiB) ]