You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-04 11:45:25

RedFalcon

Everyone Gets a Trophy!

It looks like Austin got another award:

https://mailchi.mp/austintexas/mobility … 7aa#mctoc3

If we have "exceptional sustainable commuting options" why does it take me up to an hour and a half to get to Parmer / Mopac from City Hall after 8 pm? 

Sure, we are better than other places, but can we save "exceptional" for when it really is?

#2 2019-02-04 12:31:57

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Everyone Gets a Trophy!

It's easy to misread.  The award didn't go to "Austin".  It went to the "City of Austin".  Meaning, the city *government* got the award for being a sustainable-commuting employer, offering things like "free Capital Metro transit passes; free memberships for B-Cycle; subsidized vanpools; compressed and flexible work schedules; showers and facilities for active commuters; and enrollment in Smart Commute Rewards, the City’s commuter incentive program."

#3 2019-02-04 22:25:44

RedFalcon

Re: Everyone Gets a Trophy!

MichaelBluejay wrote:

It's easy to misread.

Haha!  Yes, VERY easy to misread.  In fact before I posted that I went back to double check to see if the meant something other than 'Austin', but I'll admit I missed it.

But yes, you are correct.  It does say 'City of Austin', not 'Poor Dumb Bastards that Live in the Far Flung Parts of Austin that are still in Austin and pay Austin MTA Taxes and Depend on Public Transportation but are not City of Austin Employees.'

Fair enough.  Go 'City of Austin' Go!

Board footer