#1 2011-03-15 21:02:46

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Driver plows through Critical Mass riders in Brazil

A driver intentionally drove through a pack of cyclists in Brazil last month.  Amazingly no one died, though of course several were hospitalized.  The video below is terrifying.

The driver is claiming self-defense and that he feared for his life.  Oh, I've heard that one before -- the driver who intentionally hit & run'd me on an Austin Critical Mass years ago spouted the same B.S.  And the police were completely disinterested in pursuing my case, despite that I had a license plate # and impartial witnesses.  After a lot of pressure on my part the police reluctantly said that they mailed the guy a ticket, though they couldn't provide me a way to verify they'd actually done so.  But I digress.  In the Brazil case, at least, the driver has been arrested.

The video shows the scene before the assault, and it doesn't look like a crazed mob of dangerous cyclists to me.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-p … entra.html

#2 2011-03-15 22:27:30

chuckthomas

Re: Driver plows through Critical Mass riders in Brazil

The fact that the driver is a central banker speaks volumes.  They are elitist pigs who think of people at best as slaves and at worst as impediments to be eliminated.  The Federal Reserve is the U.S. central bank and continues to rob the people via unbaked fiat money, taxpayer funded bailout for their big business and banker friends and expensive, illegal, and immoral wars against all sorts of manufactured boogie men.  (war on terror, war on drugs, war on poverty, war on freedom,.......on and on)  Each dollar they create to fund the police state is created at a near 100% profit.  It's no wonder that this guy ran over these people.  He thinks of them as insects.

#3 2015-11-11 14:42:39

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

I've been keen on seeing the followup to this but haven't been able to find any.  The driver was charged, but I can't find anything about whether he's even got to trial, and if he has what the outcome was.

#4 2015-11-16 00:02:33

owlman

The latest news I can find is as of September he is still free awaiting trial.

#5 2015-11-20 10:29:19

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Thanks owlman, I couldn't find that on my own.  Four and a half years later; I wonder if he'll ever see trial.

That article linked to another unrelated incident that said, "Last weekend, a cyclist was run over in São Paulo and had the arm torn off upon impact. The driver fled with his arm rider attached to the windshield."

Bicyclists have to follow the law just like drivers, right?

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.025 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 575.83 KiB (Peak: 1.19 MiB) ]