#1 2017-06-09 12:26:32

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

I just sold BicycleUniverse.info

For what it's worth, I just sold BicycleUniverse.info (along with its old domain name, BicycleAustin.com).  Most of the content there used to be here on BicycleAustin, but about 15 years ago I moved most of the non-Austin and non-Texas-specific stuff over to BicycleUniverse.

I haven't had time to really update it in years, and as I'm approaching 50, I'm realizing that I'll never have time to do all the projects I'd like to do, and there are quite a few things higher on my list than reviving that old site.  I was a little sad to see it go, because it gave me some modest claim to fame:  one article got referenced by the NY Times, and another Get Rich Slowly and by Huffington Post.  In any event, hopefully the new owner will breathe some life into it.

I have no intention of selling BicycleAustin.info or BicycleSafe.com; those sites are nearer and dearer to my heart.  Also, BicycleAustin isn't worth much anyway, and is worth close to zero without the user database, and I'm not about to hand over anyone's email addresses to another person or entity.

In case anyone's interested, the sales price was $2000, including the domain as well as the BicycleUniverse.COM domain.  Last year's revenues were around $700, though they've dropped quite a bit this year.

#2 2017-06-09 16:04:35

Jack

Re: I just sold BicycleUniverse.info

Ironic use, your first clause. 

Sorry to hear the news, though your reasons are plenty good.  Time marches on.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.012 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 527.92 KiB (Peak: 528.55 KiB) ]