#1 2014-08-01 23:41:50

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Austin City Council election 2014

This year marks the first time that Austin will elect its City Council by districts, rather than the whole city deciding each spot on the council.  Now only the mayor will be elected at-large, and ten districts will each choose their representative.  Here are some candidates of special note.

Chris Riley is currently on the council and is running for re-election.  It's safe to say that we've never had a more enthusiastic supporter of biking and alt-transportation on the Council (and might never have one again).  Unfortunately, because of the districting, Chris is running against fellow popular incumbent Kathie Tovo, which means it's going to be a tough race.  I hope everyone will support Chris.

Jeb Boyt is one of our own, having been a member of the forum when it was email-based; he's contributed to the web forum too, though it's been a while.  Anyway, he's running in District 7, and has a long, strong history of supporting green transportation, including time on  Austin Metro Trails & Greenways and the Alliance for Public Transportation.

I wonder whether Bike Austin (not us, Bicycle Austin) will be making endorsements this year?  Typically, their website doesn't say.  Making endorsements was actually and specifically why Bike Austin's predecessor was created, so it will be ironic if they don't.

#2 2014-09-29 12:02:42

MichaelBluejay
Webmaster
Website

Re: Austin City Council election 2014

Matching donations for Chris Riley's campaign

For the next week, my wife and I will match donations made to Chris Riley's re-election campaign, up to $500 total.  You can make your donations here.

After donating, please let me know (bikemail /at/ michaelbluejay.com), otherwise I won't know which donations to match.

Note that Austin law limits campaign donations to a max of $350 per person.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 529.53 KiB (Peak: 530.55 KiB) ]